New dinosaur theme park world to open tomorrow
After months of anticipation, Paultons Park’s new £9m attraction Lost Kingdom is to open its gates tomorrow (May 17), transporting families back millions of years to when dinosaurs roamed the world.
The attraction is set within four acres of Jurassic landscape, inspired by the era of fierce velociraptors, flying pterodactyls, giant triceratops and the mighty tyrannosaurus rex.
Ideal for adventurous families, the new theme park land will launch a whole host of dinosaur attractions, including two world-class family rollercoasters: Flight of the Pterosaur and Velociraptor. It will be the first time since 1992 that a UK theme park has launched two new rollercoasters in the same year.
Lost Kingdom will also introduce Jurassic-themed family rides Boulder-Dash, Temple Heights and Dino-Chase; a dinosaur adventure play park, Little Explorers, and The Dinosaur Tour Co – a 4×4 Jurassic Jeep expedition, where children and parents will discover dinosaurs of all shapes and sizes along with a few surprises along the way!
Alive, Dinosaur Encounter will be a truly unique attraction where families will come face to face with the Park’s very own, but fortunately quite friendly, captive T-Rex.
Guest can also enjoy two new places to eat at the park, Base Camp and The Nest, and an exciting themed shop, Outpost 12.
Richard Mancey, managing director of Paultons Park, said: “Lost Kingdom is going to be very special. It is a truly unique experience where families can be thrown back millions of years to see, hear and feel a prehistoric world.
“Children and adults of all ages are fascinated by dinosaurs and I think the amazing world we’ve created here at Paultons Park and the rides within it will thrill both children and adults alike.”
Paultons Park, which is based in the New Forest, Hampshire, is also home to the renowned Peppa Pig World, which the park opened in 2011.
For further information on Paultons Park, including a calendar of opening times and to book tickets online from £25.75 visit paultonspark.co.uk.
Press enquiries to:
Lisa Barry at Liz Lean PR
Tel: 01202 701828
Notes to editors:
Ride Information –
- Flight of the Pterosaur: The first of its type in the UK, soar high into the skies upon on The Flight of the Pterosaur, a mighty and unique 395m suspended dinosaur family roller coaster, which takes family adventurers swooping high and low around the prehistoric landscape with speeds of up to 55 km/h. Minimum height to ride 1.0M (A child must be at least four years old and be accompanied by a responsible adult). Children eight years old and a height of 1.20M or over can ride without an adult.
- Velociraptor: Only the bravest explorers will take on Velociraptor. Board this breath-taking 200m boomerang family roller coaster and sense the speed and agility of the Velociraptor as it drops from 20m in the air and sweeps around tight bends with speeds of up to 40mph. Minimum height to ride 1.0M (A child must be at least four years old and be accompanied by a responsible adult). Children eight years old and a height of 1.20M or over can ride without an adult.
- Dino Chase: A prehistoric junior roller coaster, perfect for young adventurers who just love dinosaurs.
Children under five years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children under 12 months old are not allowed to ride.
- The Dinosaur Tour Co: Sign up at the Dinosaur Tour Co. for a 4×4 Jurassic jeep expedition and come face to face with some of the largest and most fearsome dinosaurs to have walked the planet. Under four years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Boulder Dash: Choose between riding in a huge dinosaur egg or a giant stone on the swirling Boulder-Dash ride.
Children under 1.2M in height and eight years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children under 12 months old are not allowed to ride.
- Temple Heights: Younger explorers can enjoy iconic views across Lost Kingdom on the Temple Heights ride as it swoops and rises from land to sky. Minimum height to ride 900mm (Children six years old and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult).
- Little Explorers: A colourful dinosaur-themed outdoor adventure play park area for young children, featuring climbing frames and a fossil finders sandpit. Designed for children three to eight years old.
- ALIVE – Dinosaur Encounter: Everyday there will be an incredible opportunity to meet the park’s tame(ish) walking dinosaur at ALIVE – Dinosaur Encounter.